Thursday, August 2, 2007

iReports on CNN


Watching CNN last night, their coverage of the bridge collapse in Minneapolis offered mostly images shot by non professionals submitted via iReport.
Have a look at the non pro and pro shots.
CNN - iReport
Washington Post Camera Works
Time
Newsweek - MSNBC

...and here is an interesting article on PDNonline about Newsweek buying some of the first images of the bridge collapse from a student who was quickly on the scene with his camera. Today, Newsweek gave him an assignment.

I had to smile when I read the response he gave to the last question...

PDN: Did you think you were shooting these for any particular publication, or did you know they'd be of some value?
Worrall: No. I just did it because I figured someone would want to see them and at the very least I would post it on Facebook or something, share it with friends anyway. I was just purely shooting to document the event.


Yes, today there is always Facebook.